Sunday, November 24, 2013

Review: EM Cosmetics Shade Play Artistic Eye Shadow Palettes

I had seen several reviews on the Life Palettes but none on the smaller palettes so when EM was having a sale for them I got two of the palettes I had my eyes on from the start!  These palettes are $38/each which I do think is a little bit steep but I got mine on sale for $25/each which I think is much more reasonable.  I would wait for a sale if you are wanting these. You can purchase these HERE.  The pigmentation I think is pretty good.  Some of the mattes are not as pigmented as the more shimmery ones but overall pretty good.  I don't think these are very chalky.  One down fall I think for a lot of people will be that there aren't more matte shades in each palette.  I think there is only one maybe two in each of the ones I got.  These palettes don't swatch great but when applied to the eyes they are beautiful and blend easily.  

With Urban Decay or theBalm their shadows are extremely soft, these ones are a little bit harder.  Also there can be a little fall out with some of the darker shades but, no more than other brands.  One other thing that is a plus but also a downfall is not all the shadows are the same size.  This makes it visually very cute in the packaging but some shadows are a fraction of the size of the main shadow in the middle.  The palettes have a good range of colors in them and come with 6 shadows per palette.  There are 15 different palettes to choose from.  There is a lot of selection which I think is awesome.  

I REALLY enjoy the packaging.  Its has a HUGE mirror and is very compact.  This will be really easy to travel with.  The packaging also has a magnetic closure and is plastic.  These will be super easy to keep clean.  I personally really enjoy the palettes that I have and with such a huge variety of sets if there is another sale I may get more.  I probably will not purchase at full price though because if you compare it to my Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette that has 9 shades and costs $36.



Seoul Sweets






Madagascar Taupes






Amalfi Coast Aquas





Thank you so much for reading!

XOXO

Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment