Thursday, January 10, 2013

Review: Maybelline The Falsies in Blackest Black


So I've had this mascara for about 3 months now and was about to throw it out but thought before I did I would do a full review on it.  This mascara, if you watch a lot of YouTube, has gotten a lot of praise and been in a lot of Favorites videos.  Which is why I got the mascara.  Personally, I like wetter formula mascaras so I LOVE this one!  

Basically, if you weren't able to tell by the name, it is supposed to give you a false lash effect with out having to where false lashes.  In my book this is a lofty claim.  However, this does deliver!  While it doesn't magically make lashes appear in places they were not like actual false lashes would it certainly gets close!

The brush is differently shaped then most mascaras I have personally encountered.  It is flatter on one side and fuller on the other which I think lets you get right in and close to the roots of your lashes for maximum coating.  


This is also a VERY build-able mascara.  I like wearing about 3-4 coats of the stuff!  The next pictures show the kind of effect you can expect.  This, in my opinion, gives your lashes a very fluttery appearance.

Naked Eye


One Coat: Already looking pretty full!


Two Coats: You could definitely stop here!


Three Coats: Getting dramatic here!


Four Coats: TIME TO STOP THEY'RE SO FULL!


 Now a comparison of no mascara to four coats...

I love it!

The main critic I have heard from other beauty bloggers is that there is a lot of clumping.  I disagree.  I think there is as much clumping as any other mascara out there and I think these pictures prove that!

The only down side I have noticed is within the last week or so I've seen some flaking.  This has not happened before this week, so I think its just because it's getting old.  Other than that, I TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT!

You can get this at any drug store.  The cost I believe was between $6-$8.  It's so hard to give an exact price because each store has a varied price! I hate that! But this is not an expensive mascara!

Thank you so much for reading!  Definitely check out my YouTube Channel!

XOXO
Jillian






No comments:

Post a Comment