Sunday, February 10, 2013

1st Impressions: Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation

Check out my video below and don't forget to subscribe!



First off this foundation has some lofty claims...
It claims on the bottle that it has; 
1. All-day flawless coverage
2. Lasting power of a primer
3. Coverage of a concealer
4.Blendability of a foundation
and 5. Shine Free 

All-day flawless coverage: This definitely has good coverage and certainly makes it through 11 hours at the office for me and I have very oily skin.  This holds up nicely.

Lasting power of a primer: For me this lasts all day with no issue.  I never feel like I'm looking too oily throughout the day which is really awesome.

Coverage of a Concealer: I would say this is definitely a medium coverage foundation.  It doesn't completely cover my under eye circles but if you look at the side by side comparison on my video you can see they are much improved.  As far is around my nose and pimples I didn't feel that I absolutely needed concealer.

Blendability of a foundation: The application is very smooth and does blend like a foundation seamlessly.  Similar to the Revlon Nearly Naked it doesn't necessarily look like you are wearing a lot of foundation.  There also doesn't seem to have any scent to it which is nice.

Shine Free: This foundation has more of a natural or satin finish when it sets.  It's not dewey or completely matte either.  But I wouldn't say shine free.  I have pretty oily skin so I would still set this with a powder.

I got my foundation at Walmart for $9.47.  Not to bad for the price of a foundation at a drug store.  There are 14 different shades available with different undertones.  It comes in a glass container with a pump which is always a MAJOR plus in my book.  It does though seem to be a little bit harder to color match.  I picked up my shade in Revlon Nearly Naked to kind of match it but Judy from ItsJudyTime said that it sets a little bit darker than what it initially looks.  I found that this was true for me.  So either get a that looks a little too light or get two shades and keep you receipt.  I do also think this would work for every skin type.  I don't this would be to drying for people with really dry skin.

Overall though I am very pleased with this foundation and its over performance.  I do think it, for the most part, lived up to its claim.  I would definitely recommend this to everyone to try.


Before:


After:





Face:
Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation in 810 Classic Ivory
Maybelline FITme Concealer in 15 Fair
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 011 Creamy Natural
NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny
Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink
Wet n' Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve You Cabana {used as highlight}

Eyes:
Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Brown
Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Lorac Pro Palette:
 Garnet {lid}
Sable {crease}
Espresso {outer v}
Cream {brow & inner corner highlight}
Gold {center of lid}
Pewter {lower lash line}
Sigma Gel Liner in Blackout
Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara in Blackest Black
Salon Perfect False Lashes in Demi Wispies

Lips:
Maybelline Color Whisper in Made It Mauve
Rimmel Stay Glossy in Captivate Me!

Pictures with Flash at 1pm








Pictures with Flash at 4pm






Final Pictures with Flash at the end of the day.









Thanks so much for watching and reading!

XOXO

Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment