Sunday, January 19, 2014

Urban Decay Naked3 Review/Swatches/Comparison

Watch  my video review here!  Please make my DAY and SUBSCRIBE!




All of the Urban Decay Palettes are $52 each.  This one comes with a double ended brush that is pretty nice and a packet of Primer Potions.  The packet is kind of... ehhhhh.  It kind of feels like, "couldn't you have picked something better".  So I don't really care for that at all.  The packaging is similar to the Naked2 packedging in that it is metal palette.  Some people really hate this but, I kind of like it because it latches down so there is literally no risk of it flying open at all.  Also I think it's way more travel friendly.  This has a massive mirror in it too. 
 I had watched a video on Urban Decay's YouTube channel and the founder was talking about her inspiration for the Naked3 palette.  She said it was inspired by a summer sunset with all of the pinks and oranges. For me this palette is truely a complete palette.  There is a wide range of darks and lights.  I have never felt that I needed to pull any other eye shadow in to complete a look.  All of the shadows are really pigmented like most Urban Decay shadows.  These shadows are all completely new to this palette and have never been released any where else which is really nice because there was a repeat in the other two palettes.  There are a total of 12 shadows.  Two of which are matte, one satin and the rest are shimmer.







Here's a closer look at the shadows...

Right to Left: Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick, Nooner and Liar

Left to Right: Trick, Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside and Blackheart

 Strange: Creamy highlight shade with a satin finish.  This is a PERFECT highlight.
Dust: Glittery peachy pink.  For me this is a dud because the background color isn't that pigmented & it's chunky.
Burnout: Shimmery peachy pink.  LOVE this shade.  It is great all over the lid.
Limit: Matte pinky, mauve.  This is an amazing crease shade.  Great as a transition color.

Buzz: Shimmery pink.  This is a little darker than Burnout.  I love this on the outer half of my lid.
Trick: Shimery pink-gold.  This doesn't work great off the bat.  Seems to have an over lay on it but once you break through it is amazing!
Nooner: Matte darker mauve.  Little darker than limit and also great in the crease.
Liar: Taupe with a pinkish undertone.  Haven't been as drawn to this but very pretty.

 Factory: Shimmery warm brown w/ pink undertone.  One of my favorites. Can do a pretty smoky eye with this.
Mugshot: Shimmery cool tone taupe.  Not one I use a lot but very pretty.
Darkside: Shimmery grey.  Love this color.  Makes a nice smoky eye or liner shade.

Blackheart: Black base with red glitter.  Works great in the outer v or as a liner shade.

Personally I rank the naked palettes as...
1. Naked3 {rose tones} GET HERE!
2. Naked1{warm tones} GET HERE!
3. Naked2 {cool tones} GET HERE!

I just use Naked3 and Naked1 much more than Naked2.  As far as which one do you need in your life?  I think it totally depends on what you like.  They are all great palettes.  It depends on if you like rose tones, cool tones or warm tones better.  It's all personal prefrence.

Naked3:


Naked1:


Naked2:


I hope you found this helpful!




Tutorial on this look coming soon!

Thank you so much for watching and reading!

XOXO

Jillian


No comments:

Post a Comment