Sunday, December 23, 2012

Review: Skylark Snowkissed Cashmere Eyeshadow Palette

So about a week before Black Friday I watched a video uploaded by Blair Fowler (Juicystar07 on Youtube). She and her sister Elle (AllThatGlitters21 on Youtube) started a makeup line called Skylark. They had decided that they would just release products as they had perfected them instead of waiting for an entire line to be done.  This palette was their second release.  

So anyways back to the video I watched... Blair said that from when she uploaded the video through Cyber Monday that their palette would be on sale for $20 ($40 regular price) with free 1-3 business day shipping from Blush.com.  And I thought... WHAT A HELL OF A DEAL!

So I ordered it!  And I really love it actually.  I can tell that they really paid attention to all of the details.  The packaging in my opinion looks expensive and is really sleek and compact.









The quilting on the case itself I thought was a really cute touch and I love how thin it really is.  This would be a great travel palette.  

The palette itself comes with 6 eyeshadows and a face highlighter.  I like that 4 of the colors are more neutral but that there are 2 beautiful pops of colors in Shiver the blue shade and Ember the cranberry shade.  All of the shades are shimmery which I like but it wouldn't hurt to have a nice matte brown in this palette either.



The colors themselves are very pigmented and velvety to the touch.


This also comes with a brush.  I love the shader brush.  This is a perfect brush for packing color on.  I do like the blending brush although I do find that it maybe too long and soft.  I find that at times its a little hard to control.  It does also come with 3 instructional cards to help you come up with looks.


Over all I would definitely recommend this palette to anyone.  I think it is great quality and very pretty to look at as well.  Skylark is being sold on blush.com.  Here is a link to their makeup.


Thank you!

XOXO

Jillian




No comments:

Post a Comment